dressing tall women
Dressing as a tall woman is not just about your height. You also need to consider your body shape & personal style as well as colours & fabrics that you love & loathe.
In this video we are joined by our lovely customer Mary Simon to talk about the challenges that she faces as well as clothes that she loves to wear & those she doesn’t. We had a great time trying clothes that Mary thought would work that didn’t, as well as popping her in a few that were outside her comfort zone but she looked great in. If you don’t have time to watch the whole thing I have summarised a few of the main pointers below.
Five Wardrobe Challenges for Tall Women
- Length of everything
- The position of the waist in jeans & trousers which affects the rise
- One pieces, swimwear & jump suits are not long enough in the body
- Fitted Shirts, waist in the wrong place, sleeves too short
- Short jackets
Five Style Tips for Tall Women
- Define your waist to give instant shape
- Wearing a bold print or colour on one half of your body will make you look shorter, conversely to emphasise your height go for monochrome
- Make Lengths look intentional. Jeans too short – cuff them, sleeves to short push them up & wear a statement bracelet
- Don’t avoid heels
- Midi & Maxi Dresses
- Big statement jewellery & bags
- shackets & long gilets
As always if there is something that you see that your life is incomplete without I have popped links below the video to our shop. If the item isn’t online at time of publishing it may well be by the time you see this video so have a little look in our shop anyway – if you would rather talk to a human being please give us a call on 01760 724948.