how to shop the sales with donna, ellie & kim
We have all been there.
Slightly overexcited because a dress that doesn’t quite fit & you don’t quite like but you are definitely going to buy because it was £190 & is now only £29. Don’t get me wrong I bought some beautiful pieces with very similar reductions in the past (mainly because you can guarantee if it doesn’t fit anyone else it will fit me!) but before you get carried away with buying five fairly hideous tops for forty quid have a look at our top tips for shopping The Sales
The Do’s & don’ts of Shopping The Sales
Before you start:
- Look at the gaps in your wardrobe & uniforms in that wardrobe & make a list. Repeat this mantra quality over quantity
- Do buy investment pieces – Our Verona Driving shoes are a real bargain
- Do buy out of season items, think about your summer holiday or June wedding. To make your life easier we have created a Winter Sun section on the website.
- Do check sizing – give us a call we are just as happy to grab a tape measure at sale time as we are the rest of the year
- Buy anything just because it is on sale. If it wasn’t on your wish list before move on
- Items that you are going to slim in to. You won’t
- High fashion items that will date
Questions to ask
- Do I already have something similar? If you already have four navy jumpers do you need a fifth- the answer could be yes but probably isn’t.
- How many times will I wear this?
- What can I wear it with?
- Did I want it when it was full price ?
In this video Donna, Ellie & Kim pick three items that will elevate their existing wardrobe & explain why
As always if there is something that you see that your life is incomplete without I have popped links below the video to our shop. If the item isn’t online at time of publishing it may well be by the time you see this video so have a little look in our shop anyway – if you would rather talk to a human being please give us a call on 01760 724948.