WHO / WHAT / HOW TO WEAR WIDE LEG TROUSERS
We would like to introduce you to The Tilly Wide Leg Trouser.
We have been talking about these for so long that even we were beginning to wonder if we were imagining them, but here they are & just in time for Spring & Summer.
The Tilly is a pull on trouser with fixed waistband at the front that sits on the natural waist & skims past the hips & thighs, making them a flattering fit for most shapes & sizes.
The iconic wide leg trouser worn by style superstars such as Katherine Hepburn has been popular on the catwalk for many seasons now but is only just beginning to be seen again on The High Street. Over the years we have all become addicted to the convenience of skinny jeans but Wide Leg Trousers can be a sophisticated addition to any capsule wardrobe. Think Victoria Beckham, Amal Clooney & of course Trinny, all of whom are big fans of this trend.
who can wear wide leg trousers?
Well anyone really.
A incredibly versatile piece The Tilly Wide Leg Trouser can be worn for many occasions both in the evening as well as during the day. They can be dressed up or down & worn as a cropped trouser. We will be bringing in a 28″ leg very soon. They are also extremely comfortable, the partial elastication makes them very easy to wear.
The Tilly is great for Pear Shapes as the width of the leg means that less attention is focussed on the hips. They balance out the top half of an Inverted Triangle, disguise a tummy & can make a Petite seem taller as you can wear high heels underneath them.
ten tips on how to wear wide leg trousers
- Wear tucked in or with a short cropped top. If you wear these trousers with tops that are too long or too wide you will look like a bag of spanners!
- Wear a longer length trouser than usual with high heels to elongate your legs. Remember that footwear as well as makeup has to stay relevant – check out flatforms as well as the more elegant stiletto or kitten heel.
- Wear with a shorter jacket such as a biker, denim, shorter fitted blazer or ‘Chanel’ collarless jacket. If you choose to wear a longer jacket remember to keep the top underneath fairly fitted to avoid being overwhelmed.
- Wear a belt to emphasise your waist even if you don’t have one, Consider using a scarf as a belt if you do.
- Knot a shirt at the top of the waistband to emphasise the waistline, the shirt can then be worn loose at the back if it doesn’t actually exist or not if it does.
- Wear a crew neck T shirt with a scarf & a statement necklace
- Layer a longer shirt under a shorter fitted tank or jumper which will add shape.
- Consider wearing a longer tunic or dress over the top
- Wear a shirt waister dress open as a jacket with a fitted top underneath
- We would love to have your suggestions for Tip Number Ten.
FIVE ARTICHOKE OUTFITS TO WEAR WITH YOUR WIDE LEG TROUSERS
This week both Donna & Sarah have been tested positive for Covid so have been unable to do a video showing you these outfit ideas or even taken a few selfies to give you an idea. This will be rectified at the end of the month but meanwhile I have put together some outfit ideas for you. Each photo will link to the item on our website. For some reason however the price that it is picking up is nett of VAT, we will rectify this as soon as we can, but when you click through to the site, the correct price is shown
Outfit Ideas | The Tilly WIDE LEG TROUSER IN CHAMBRAY COTTON
Tuck in a fitted stripe Tee to create balance on the top part of your body then team with some flatform trainers & finish this great casual outfit with a contrasting tote
OUTFIT IDEAS | THE TILLY WIDE LEG LINEN TROUSER IN WHITE
Create a more formal look with The Tilly Wide Leg Linen Trouser in white. Team up with a silky shirt, a piece of statement jewellery & some flatform sandals
outfit ideas | The tilly wide leg trouser in navy linen
Dressing Down again this time with The Tilly Wide Leg Trouser in Navy Linen. Team with one of our stretch belts (not online yet), a pattern top, denim jacket & slouchy tote
outfit ideas | Hamra TAILORED CULOTTES
Tailored Wide Leg Culottes are a great core piece in your wardrobe. The Hamra Culotte can be worn with court shoes or wedges, a fitted jersey shirt, some delicate jewellery & pale blue bag.
outfit ideas|WIDE LEG PRINT CULOTTES
A sophisticated summer outfit using a wide leg print culotte as the base. Team with a fitted black jumper, some statement accessories & a bright orange bag