The Louise Oversized Shirt in Linen
The Louise Oversized Shirt, made up for us this summer in linen epitomises two enduring trends, the first a love of linen & the second a desire for the comfort of a big, billowy shirt.
An ancient, natural fabric that is always on trend, even more so now that increasingly we are thinking about not only where our clothing is made but also what from.
Did you Know?
- Linen is made from flax, a crop that enriches the soil it grows in. It is also grown in northern Europe which means less the air miles.
- Linen can be worn comfortably all year round.
- Linen’s fibres are much longer lasting than cotton so garments will last longer.
- Linen is an anti-bacterial fabric which means you don’t need to wash it as often.
are for many of us, our go to, off duty staple, although styling them can be difficult. The trick is to remember to keep the bottom half of your body fairly neat, oversized shirts with oversized trousers is possible but probably only if you are 6′ tall, skinny & brave.
They look great teamed up with:
- Skinny(ish) Jeans like the Anna Montana Lieblings or Magic Stretch
- Any of our Stehamann basic trousers, The Igor 680, Stehmann Ina 530 or Ina 740 / 800 s
- The Violet or Cara oversized jumpers
Made in Tunisia from fabric woven in Turkey, The Louise is a 50/50 cotton/linen mix – which means less ironing, always a plus! It has has a naturally marled colour, a dropped shoulder,wide full length length sleeves that can be rolled to three quarters and a curved hemline. It has been named by one of our favourite Artichoke Girls in memory of her friend Louise:
” Louise was a follower of fashion, but put her own twist on the current trends. I know that if she were still with us in this her 50th year, she would have taken classic pieces like this shirt and worn them with her own inimitable style”.
Already a favourite of Sarah’s we are sure that you will fall in love with this gorgeous shirt.